Wednesday, January 10
no dress rehearsal, this is our life
So...happy new year.
I think my blog was going through an existential crisis. It's over now. It exists.
So, according to Brian, the best place to start is the beginning. That would be, according to my last post, the day after Halloween. But not much happened that day.
So, I will move forward. I don't remember much between then and my birthday. I probably worked a lot and went to rock trivia a couple of times.
The day before my birthday, we went to rock trivia and it was cool. Except for when Drew told the bar in general that I would give any single guys rides home. But I must admit, it was funny. Mostly cos I was kinda drunk at that point. Tequila and amaretto were ingested. Likewise with bartenders' rootbeers. Those were quite magical. For the actual birthday, I went to Tony Roma's for dinner with my parents and Josh. I drank a lot of Baileys. Josh discovered he liked amaretto. All in all, a good day.
Christmas was cool, we went to Armstrong and Mabel Lake, I made an appearance in a church for Christmas Eve mass. I can see some people going "whaaaat?" here. You know who you are.
Moving into New Year's Eve. We watched a couple of movies--The Breakup (meh) and Almost Famous (always love that one)--and the Seattle fireworks.
Moving forward again, I found out last Thursday that my store is closing. Which sucks. I wanted to find a new job anyways, but now I am forced in circumstances beyond my control. And I don't even know what I want to do for a job now. Or anything. So instead of the blog going through the existential crisis, I guess now it's me. Well, I know I exist. I just don't know what I'm doing I guess. Or what I want to do. Blah.
And, fast-forwarding to today: Tonight is the Tragically Hip show and I am excited for that. Usually when I'm going to a concert I go crazy waiting for it and I'm like ready to explode with excitement a week in advance. But I actually forgot we were going to the Hip and when it was. Unreal. And I'm not quite ready to explode, although I imagine I will be by later on. And hopefully tomorrow I will be here to give a rave review.
Now, I have to tell you, I have seen the Hip before, with Miss Laura in 2002. And I was hyper-excited for that and couldn't wait to hear allll the hits. But this time, the one song I am more excited to hear than any other is Grace, Too. When they did that one live before, it was awesome. I would also love to hear Fireworks live, as they didn't do that one when I saw them before and it is one of my favourite songs of all time.
~Currently playing: Tom Petty-Learning To Fly; Tragically Hip-Grace, Too; Travelling Wilburies-Handle With Care~
|
I think my blog was going through an existential crisis. It's over now. It exists.
So, according to Brian, the best place to start is the beginning. That would be, according to my last post, the day after Halloween. But not much happened that day.
So, I will move forward. I don't remember much between then and my birthday. I probably worked a lot and went to rock trivia a couple of times.
The day before my birthday, we went to rock trivia and it was cool. Except for when Drew told the bar in general that I would give any single guys rides home. But I must admit, it was funny. Mostly cos I was kinda drunk at that point. Tequila and amaretto were ingested. Likewise with bartenders' rootbeers. Those were quite magical. For the actual birthday, I went to Tony Roma's for dinner with my parents and Josh. I drank a lot of Baileys. Josh discovered he liked amaretto. All in all, a good day.
Christmas was cool, we went to Armstrong and Mabel Lake, I made an appearance in a church for Christmas Eve mass. I can see some people going "whaaaat?" here. You know who you are.
Moving into New Year's Eve. We watched a couple of movies--The Breakup (meh) and Almost Famous (always love that one)--and the Seattle fireworks.
Moving forward again, I found out last Thursday that my store is closing. Which sucks. I wanted to find a new job anyways, but now I am forced in circumstances beyond my control. And I don't even know what I want to do for a job now. Or anything. So instead of the blog going through the existential crisis, I guess now it's me. Well, I know I exist. I just don't know what I'm doing I guess. Or what I want to do. Blah.
And, fast-forwarding to today: Tonight is the Tragically Hip show and I am excited for that. Usually when I'm going to a concert I go crazy waiting for it and I'm like ready to explode with excitement a week in advance. But I actually forgot we were going to the Hip and when it was. Unreal. And I'm not quite ready to explode, although I imagine I will be by later on. And hopefully tomorrow I will be here to give a rave review.
Now, I have to tell you, I have seen the Hip before, with Miss Laura in 2002. And I was hyper-excited for that and couldn't wait to hear allll the hits. But this time, the one song I am more excited to hear than any other is Grace, Too. When they did that one live before, it was awesome. I would also love to hear Fireworks live, as they didn't do that one when I saw them before and it is one of my favourite songs of all time.
~Currently playing: Tom Petty-Learning To Fly; Tragically Hip-Grace, Too; Travelling Wilburies-Handle With Care~
