Saturday, September 16
turn off the radio
Ok. So, as many may know, I have this bizarre love/hate relationship with the city of Kamloops. I'm not exactly sure where my love of it comes from, but I've pinpointed at least one source of the hate. That would be when one of CIFM's DJs says:
"And kicking off the next rock block, Def Leppard."
I hate Def Leppard. With a fiery passion.
And the bloody radio sees fit to play it on a constant basis.
So, for me, Def Leppard sums up all that I hate about Kamloops.
Like, when I'm at the bar, and they play "Pour Some Sugar On Me", and I'm sober so it just makes me angry instead of drunk angry. And I make Lisa dance to it for no particular reason. Which makes absolutely no sense because...I hate Def Leppard. Or when they play it at rock trivia and I know the band because I know that hated voice, but I don't know the name of the bloody song because...I hate Def Leppard. It seems like everyone in this city loves Def Leppard, except me. And sometimes I think they play Def Leppard on purpose, just to piss me off. Def Leppard is the soundtrack to the bad parts of Kamloops. That's what I think.
In other news, I just finished reading a book of Shirley Jackson's short stories. Of approximately thirty stories, I understood about two. One of them was 'The Lottery', and the only reason I understood that one is because I've heard and read so much about it. All of the other ones just didn't make sense to me. It was like they were stories about nothing--random snippets of everyday life. And then they just ended. Imagine Forrest Gump ending when he was drinking Dr. Pepper at the White House. Just BAM, done. The writing was good, but the stories seemed pointless to me.
If this sounds paranoid or anything, it's likely because this is my fourth straight day off and I'm getting cabin fever. Not to mention I've had a cold for like a week and a hal
~Currently playing: 98.3 CIFM~
|
"And kicking off the next rock block, Def Leppard."
I hate Def Leppard. With a fiery passion.
And the bloody radio sees fit to play it on a constant basis.
So, for me, Def Leppard sums up all that I hate about Kamloops.
Like, when I'm at the bar, and they play "Pour Some Sugar On Me", and I'm sober so it just makes me angry instead of drunk angry. And I make Lisa dance to it for no particular reason. Which makes absolutely no sense because...I hate Def Leppard. Or when they play it at rock trivia and I know the band because I know that hated voice, but I don't know the name of the bloody song because...I hate Def Leppard. It seems like everyone in this city loves Def Leppard, except me. And sometimes I think they play Def Leppard on purpose, just to piss me off. Def Leppard is the soundtrack to the bad parts of Kamloops. That's what I think.
In other news, I just finished reading a book of Shirley Jackson's short stories. Of approximately thirty stories, I understood about two. One of them was 'The Lottery', and the only reason I understood that one is because I've heard and read so much about it. All of the other ones just didn't make sense to me. It was like they were stories about nothing--random snippets of everyday life. And then they just ended. Imagine Forrest Gump ending when he was drinking Dr. Pepper at the White House. Just BAM, done. The writing was good, but the stories seemed pointless to me.
If this sounds paranoid or anything, it's likely because this is my fourth straight day off and I'm getting cabin fever. Not to mention I've had a cold for like a week and a hal
~Currently playing: 98.3 CIFM~
