Saturday, March 11
i love rock and roll
Me: I never noticed that the walk light talked before. That's kinda weird.
Josh: Obviously it's for the hearing impaired.
Me: Or maybe it's for the blind.
Big news. Big, big news.
I got Aerosmith tickets. Yeah!!! I put in a bid on Ebay for this pair before I left for work yesterday. And Josh called me later at work and told me that I won the auction for them!!! And they were pretty cheap too. So I am beyond excited for that. I'm finally going to see Aerosmith. It hardly seems real. I will be in the same building as Steven Tyler. Oh, and Cheap Trick is the opener, which is pretty cool also.
In other news, I made it to rock trivia last night--at both Heroes and Central. Heroes was cool, we were so incredibly close to winning and we got all of these triple scores and stuff. But alas, it was not meant to be. We came in third, fifteen points behind second and thirty points behind first. Unreal.
Central was also good, but we didn't place. I don't think I'll ever forget that Paul Rogers was the lead singer of Bad Company. The above quote was when Josh and I were walking back into Central after getting my stuff from Lisa's car.
Other than that, not much else has occurred, but Aerosmith is enough for me. And I got some awesome new shoes. I've discovered that I was spending an obscene amount on lunch at the mall, so I've quit doing that to save some money for more important things, like shoes, and the cat, and life. Not necessarily in that order. Or maybe it is?
Oh, and we watched that movie about Johnny Cash the other night--Walk the Line. That was an awesome movie. And I never realized how many good songs Johnny Cash had before, I thought he was all country before. And we all know how I feel about country music.
And now, time for the almighty list.
Reasons I Dislike Country Music:
1. The music sounds good until the guy starts singing. It goes downhill from there. You actually get your hopes up with the cool intro to the song, then BAM. The voice undoes it all.
2. I grew up in a country music town.
3. It's twangy.
4. The country round at Central rock trivia is my undoing, because I don't know any country songs. It just enrages me more.
5. Garth Brooks.
6. I've never been too keen on cowboys.
7. When they cover good songs (read: rock songs), they usually wreck them.
That being said, there's an exception to every rule. Hence...
Country Songs I Like/Tolerate
1. Brooks and Dunn-Rock My World (Little Country Girl) ...if you listen to it, you will note it sounds more like rock than country. Probably why I like it.
2. Big and Rich-Save A Horse ...okay okay, I used to hate this song with a holy passion. The only reason it's on the tolerance list now is because I had a good, drunken time dancing to it once.
3. Dixie Chicks-Goodbye Earl ...it's just so delightfully nasty. Dirty, perhaps. Not dirty as in raunchy, but dirty as in that dirty sound. Or whatever.
And I've come to the conclusion that my life seems to revolve around rock and roll.
~Currently playing: The Tubes-Talk To Ya Later; Rolling Stones-Paint It Black~
|
Josh: Obviously it's for the hearing impaired.
Me: Or maybe it's for the blind.
Big news. Big, big news.
I got Aerosmith tickets. Yeah!!! I put in a bid on Ebay for this pair before I left for work yesterday. And Josh called me later at work and told me that I won the auction for them!!! And they were pretty cheap too. So I am beyond excited for that. I'm finally going to see Aerosmith. It hardly seems real. I will be in the same building as Steven Tyler. Oh, and Cheap Trick is the opener, which is pretty cool also.
In other news, I made it to rock trivia last night--at both Heroes and Central. Heroes was cool, we were so incredibly close to winning and we got all of these triple scores and stuff. But alas, it was not meant to be. We came in third, fifteen points behind second and thirty points behind first. Unreal.
Central was also good, but we didn't place. I don't think I'll ever forget that Paul Rogers was the lead singer of Bad Company. The above quote was when Josh and I were walking back into Central after getting my stuff from Lisa's car.
Other than that, not much else has occurred, but Aerosmith is enough for me. And I got some awesome new shoes. I've discovered that I was spending an obscene amount on lunch at the mall, so I've quit doing that to save some money for more important things, like shoes, and the cat, and life. Not necessarily in that order. Or maybe it is?
Oh, and we watched that movie about Johnny Cash the other night--Walk the Line. That was an awesome movie. And I never realized how many good songs Johnny Cash had before, I thought he was all country before. And we all know how I feel about country music.
And now, time for the almighty list.
Reasons I Dislike Country Music:
1. The music sounds good until the guy starts singing. It goes downhill from there. You actually get your hopes up with the cool intro to the song, then BAM. The voice undoes it all.
2. I grew up in a country music town.
3. It's twangy.
4. The country round at Central rock trivia is my undoing, because I don't know any country songs. It just enrages me more.
5. Garth Brooks.
6. I've never been too keen on cowboys.
7. When they cover good songs (read: rock songs), they usually wreck them.
That being said, there's an exception to every rule. Hence...
Country Songs I Like/Tolerate
1. Brooks and Dunn-Rock My World (Little Country Girl) ...if you listen to it, you will note it sounds more like rock than country. Probably why I like it.
2. Big and Rich-Save A Horse ...okay okay, I used to hate this song with a holy passion. The only reason it's on the tolerance list now is because I had a good, drunken time dancing to it once.
3. Dixie Chicks-Goodbye Earl ...it's just so delightfully nasty. Dirty, perhaps. Not dirty as in raunchy, but dirty as in that dirty sound. Or whatever.
And I've come to the conclusion that my life seems to revolve around rock and roll.
~Currently playing: The Tubes-Talk To Ya Later; Rolling Stones-Paint It Black~
