Thursday, September 22
you need coolin'
Well now. Josh and I saw a kickass show last night--King Size Suzi and The Trews. King Size Suzi was pretty good. They did a mix of covers and originals, including some of the songs Suzi did on Canadian Idol. Let's see...songs from their set included "Somebody Told Me" by the Killers, "Piece of My Heart" by Janis Joplin, "Fire" by Jimi Hendrix, "Whole Lotta Love" by Zeppelin, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana and more that I can't remember right now. The Joplin cover was definitely one of my favourites. The Trews kicked it off with their latest single and mixed up the old and new songs. It was awesome. "Not Ready To Go" was kickass. So was "Every Inambition". A couple of the guys from the band were standing behind Josh and I during King Size Suzi's set. That was kinda cool. Their encore was...one of their songs I didn't know followed by..."Whole Lotta Love" by Zeppelin...they were "showing the kids how it's done". And since they've been opening for Robert Plant...they know how it's done. Do they ever. That was supposed to be the last song, but they did one more--Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll". It was fabulous. I need a Trews album now.
In other eventful news, I was in Vancouver on the weekend. Laura and I drove down on Friday and stayed in a hostel on Cambie Street in Gastown on Friday night. That was pretty sweet. The place was ancient and had a super busy pub/bar underneath. On Saturday morning we checked out Gastown and saw a film crew doing some filming. We think it was a scene from Smallville, but never found out for sure. That was kinda cool. We had lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory, which I thought was really cool. Then we went to Stanley Park cos Laura wanted to walk on the seawall. So we hung out there for a bit, then went to Lynn Valley Suspension Bridge. I couldn't look down the first time we went across. But coming back I got some pictures and stuff. I'll post them later, when I feel like downloading them. After the bridge, we went to Metrotown and did some real shopping. Laura got a pretty cool shirt and some stuff at Old Navy. We got out of there around five and started driving back to Kamloops, stopped in Hope for dinner, and got back here pretty late. All in all, it was a good time. I'd like to go again when I have more money, haha. Laura stayed the night here and we checked out the used book store on Victoria street. I picked up Stephen King's Christine, which oddly enough I had never read. I just finished it. It was pretty good.
I think that's about everything for now.
~Currently playing: Tenacious D-Tribute; Driver-She Laughed at Me; K-Os-Crabbuckit; Michael Jackson-Billie Jean~
|
In other eventful news, I was in Vancouver on the weekend. Laura and I drove down on Friday and stayed in a hostel on Cambie Street in Gastown on Friday night. That was pretty sweet. The place was ancient and had a super busy pub/bar underneath. On Saturday morning we checked out Gastown and saw a film crew doing some filming. We think it was a scene from Smallville, but never found out for sure. That was kinda cool. We had lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory, which I thought was really cool. Then we went to Stanley Park cos Laura wanted to walk on the seawall. So we hung out there for a bit, then went to Lynn Valley Suspension Bridge. I couldn't look down the first time we went across. But coming back I got some pictures and stuff. I'll post them later, when I feel like downloading them. After the bridge, we went to Metrotown and did some real shopping. Laura got a pretty cool shirt and some stuff at Old Navy. We got out of there around five and started driving back to Kamloops, stopped in Hope for dinner, and got back here pretty late. All in all, it was a good time. I'd like to go again when I have more money, haha. Laura stayed the night here and we checked out the used book store on Victoria street. I picked up Stephen King's Christine, which oddly enough I had never read. I just finished it. It was pretty good.
I think that's about everything for now.
~Currently playing: Tenacious D-Tribute; Driver-She Laughed at Me; K-Os-Crabbuckit; Michael Jackson-Billie Jean~
