Tuesday, August 16
a nice day for a white wedding
So. I was in Langley this weekend for Kristyl and Jason's wedding, which was quite fabulous. It was at the Barkley Brook, a bed and breakfast. The ceremony was in the afternoon and Kristyl looked like a fairytale bride. The reception was later on and it was really fun. And, knowing Kristyl, I was not at all surprised that they had karaoke at it! So it was all awesome and Josh and I had a good time there. We met all of Kristyl's aunts who were quite an entertaining bunch also--now we know where she gets it from, hehe.
We drove down to Chilliwack on Friday night and stayed with Josh's mom's friend. We stopped in Kamloops for dinner at the good old Fox n Hounds with Tim, Lisa and Tara. It was nice to see them again. Saturday morning we drove to Langley and picked up the rest of the wedding gift stuff, met up with Randy and Shauna and waited at the Barkley Brook for the wedding to start. Having forgotten scissors, I ended up cutting the wrapping paper with a knife in the parking lot, which was pretty funny. Kristyl and Jason let us stay in a room at the B&B which came with their rental, which was awesome.
On Sunday, we helped them clean up a bit, then headed up to Kamloops to look at a basement suite. And we took it. It's pretty nice, just off of McGill, which is good (better than the North Shore ghetto-style, that's for sure!). So it's official: I am moving back to Kamloops in September. I'm gonna find a job there and work for the year while Josh goes to school.
In other news...
-I think Auren should move back to Kamloops as well.
-Our new landlady is a hockey fan--Blazers AND Canucks!
-It's really hot outside.
-Manny appears to have dropped off the face of the earth (aka moved to Manitoba and I haven't heard from him for a loooong time).
-I'm gonna have to read The Stand again cos I can't stop thinking about it since I told Alain to read it.
-I had more things I was going to write here, but I can't remember what they were.
~Currently playing: The Killers-Somebody Told Me; The Darkness-I Believe In a Thing Called Love; Steve Miller Band-Take the Money and Run; Muse-Time Is Running Out; Jimi Hendrix-Purple Haze; Bryan Adams-Summer of '69; Fleetwood Mac-You Make Lovin Fun~
|
We drove down to Chilliwack on Friday night and stayed with Josh's mom's friend. We stopped in Kamloops for dinner at the good old Fox n Hounds with Tim, Lisa and Tara. It was nice to see them again. Saturday morning we drove to Langley and picked up the rest of the wedding gift stuff, met up with Randy and Shauna and waited at the Barkley Brook for the wedding to start. Having forgotten scissors, I ended up cutting the wrapping paper with a knife in the parking lot, which was pretty funny. Kristyl and Jason let us stay in a room at the B&B which came with their rental, which was awesome.
On Sunday, we helped them clean up a bit, then headed up to Kamloops to look at a basement suite. And we took it. It's pretty nice, just off of McGill, which is good (better than the North Shore ghetto-style, that's for sure!). So it's official: I am moving back to Kamloops in September. I'm gonna find a job there and work for the year while Josh goes to school.
In other news...
-I think Auren should move back to Kamloops as well.
-Our new landlady is a hockey fan--Blazers AND Canucks!
-It's really hot outside.
-Manny appears to have dropped off the face of the earth (aka moved to Manitoba and I haven't heard from him for a loooong time).
-I'm gonna have to read The Stand again cos I can't stop thinking about it since I told Alain to read it.
-I had more things I was going to write here, but I can't remember what they were.
~Currently playing: The Killers-Somebody Told Me; The Darkness-I Believe In a Thing Called Love; Steve Miller Band-Take the Money and Run; Muse-Time Is Running Out; Jimi Hendrix-Purple Haze; Bryan Adams-Summer of '69; Fleetwood Mac-You Make Lovin Fun~
