Wednesday, August 3
je suis retournee
Well, I have returned from my 2 week sojourn at the lake--with a tan and an injured foot. The tan was a direct result of the foot--I couldn't water ski or anything, so I was stuck sitting on the dock and beach most of the time...it was a hard life. I am disappointed though, because I really did want to ski and such, but my foot still hurts so it probably wouldn't have been wise. I hurt it going down the stairs at the cabin--a step broke, my foot rolled over and I heard a cracking noise. Seems to be some kind of sprain. Whatever. I'll post some pictures from the lake when I get around to downloading them onto the computer, which will be after I recharge the camera batteries....
While I was out at the lake, I made it back into town for game three of the Shaw Cup--sorry, Okanagan Cup--finals (We had an issue with trophies this season. Is there ever a season where we don't have some kind of issue? Yeesh). Vernon was leading the series 2-0 and ended up winning game 3 to take the cup in a sweep, which was kinda cool. They were playing Kelowna. Game details are here.
I didn't do a whole lot other than hang out and get tanned at the lake--read lots of Archie comics and a few books, listened to music, and assisted as much as I could while Josh put a new roof on the cabin for us.
I'm contemplating going back to Kamloops this fall, but haven't fully decided yet. I've also resolved to update my blog more, like every other day or so. We'll see how that works out. Anyways, that's all for now. I thought I had more to say, but it appears that I actually don't.
New links on the side, to Scott and Tara's blogs.
YARK!!!!!!! I've just discovered that the Canucks have traded Brent Sopel! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! But they re-signed Naslund and that is good....and if Forsberg followed through on his desire to play with Naslund, whoo boy. I don't like Forsberg, but I will admit he is a pretty good player. And what will Niedermayer do?
~Currently playing: Rock 101~
|
While I was out at the lake, I made it back into town for game three of the Shaw Cup--sorry, Okanagan Cup--finals (We had an issue with trophies this season. Is there ever a season where we don't have some kind of issue? Yeesh). Vernon was leading the series 2-0 and ended up winning game 3 to take the cup in a sweep, which was kinda cool. They were playing Kelowna. Game details are here.
I didn't do a whole lot other than hang out and get tanned at the lake--read lots of Archie comics and a few books, listened to music, and assisted as much as I could while Josh put a new roof on the cabin for us.
I'm contemplating going back to Kamloops this fall, but haven't fully decided yet. I've also resolved to update my blog more, like every other day or so. We'll see how that works out. Anyways, that's all for now. I thought I had more to say, but it appears that I actually don't.
New links on the side, to Scott and Tara's blogs.
YARK!!!!!!! I've just discovered that the Canucks have traded Brent Sopel! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! But they re-signed Naslund and that is good....and if Forsberg followed through on his desire to play with Naslund, whoo boy. I don't like Forsberg, but I will admit he is a pretty good player. And what will Niedermayer do?
~Currently playing: Rock 101~
