Sunday, June 12
lumby days, a great band, some lacrosse
Well it has been an eventful few days, so I am going to do my best here. This was Lumby Days weekend. Saturday noon was the parade. I watched it with Josh and my mom. From there we moved over to the fair grounds. Josh and I checked out the midway. He won me a prize--plush flowers--at the dart game. We bugged my brother at the lemonade stand. Went to the beer garden for a bit, then went to look at some exhibits and ran into Laura and her mom, so we hung out with them for a bit. Saw a llama and a cool cow. Went back to the beer gardens. We were hanging out with my parents and some hockey parents and some people I knew that we ran into, including Murray, who I have not seen forever; Bob from Williams Lake; and Steph. So that was cool. Josh left after awhile and I walked to the car with him, then went back to the beer gardens. It was raining, but most people were past the point of caring. I had a few drinks, don't really know how many. We were there until about 9pm, when we went over to the bar (us and everyone else). The reason we went was because....well.
Hmm.
Do y'all really wanna know?
I'm not sure.
Okay, I'll tell you.
The best cover band ever was playing there. THE BEST. I kid you not. These guys kick serious ass. They are the Young'Uns. Pure awesome. They play everything--The White stripes, U2, Tragically Hip, Aerosmith, Jimi Hendrix, The Cars--they can do it all and do it all awesomely well. They even did that save a horse ride a cowboy song that I hate, but danced to anyways. In fact, I danced to every song except one, and that was a slow one. I was right up front next to the stage, rockin' out, dancing with the hockey parents and people I haven't seen for a long time. It was fun. We were there until closing and walked home in the rain. My dad somehow left ahead of us and had somehow acquired a beer glass, which we found broken outside our front door this morning. I had some really awesome quotes from the evening, but I appear to have forgotten them. That was the best partying at the bar ever, I have to say. And I am so there next time the Young'Uns play.
Hmm I almost forgot about the creepy man who hit on me multiple times at the beer garden. I was wearing my sticky buns shirt and he seemed to be entranced by it. Ugh. Note to self: never wear that shirt to a drinking establishment again.
***
Friday night was the Royal Challenge Cup between Vernon and Armstrong. It ended up in a tie--third tie in two weeks in the league. It would have been nice to have an informal shoot-out because it ended up being a split cup, which sucks. Josh played well, and the game was broadcast on the radio. I was sitting next to the radio guys in the press box and it was really cool because I could hear the play by play as I watched the game going on. After the game, I went out with Josh and the Shamrocks to Checkers again, where I had a couple of chocolate martinis.
Convocation was on Thursday, but I will save that for a separate post since I have a bunch of pictures for it. Anyone who wants some pics, just let me know and I will put them in an email for you.
~Currently playing: U2-Desire; Neil Young-Rockin' in the Free World; The Dandy Warhols-Bohemian Like You~
|
Hmm.
Do y'all really wanna know?
I'm not sure.
Okay, I'll tell you.
The best cover band ever was playing there. THE BEST. I kid you not. These guys kick serious ass. They are the Young'Uns. Pure awesome. They play everything--The White stripes, U2, Tragically Hip, Aerosmith, Jimi Hendrix, The Cars--they can do it all and do it all awesomely well. They even did that save a horse ride a cowboy song that I hate, but danced to anyways. In fact, I danced to every song except one, and that was a slow one. I was right up front next to the stage, rockin' out, dancing with the hockey parents and people I haven't seen for a long time. It was fun. We were there until closing and walked home in the rain. My dad somehow left ahead of us and had somehow acquired a beer glass, which we found broken outside our front door this morning. I had some really awesome quotes from the evening, but I appear to have forgotten them. That was the best partying at the bar ever, I have to say. And I am so there next time the Young'Uns play.
Hmm I almost forgot about the creepy man who hit on me multiple times at the beer garden. I was wearing my sticky buns shirt and he seemed to be entranced by it. Ugh. Note to self: never wear that shirt to a drinking establishment again.
***
Friday night was the Royal Challenge Cup between Vernon and Armstrong. It ended up in a tie--third tie in two weeks in the league. It would have been nice to have an informal shoot-out because it ended up being a split cup, which sucks. Josh played well, and the game was broadcast on the radio. I was sitting next to the radio guys in the press box and it was really cool because I could hear the play by play as I watched the game going on. After the game, I went out with Josh and the Shamrocks to Checkers again, where I had a couple of chocolate martinis.
Convocation was on Thursday, but I will save that for a separate post since I have a bunch of pictures for it. Anyone who wants some pics, just let me know and I will put them in an email for you.
~Currently playing: U2-Desire; Neil Young-Rockin' in the Free World; The Dandy Warhols-Bohemian Like You~
