Sunday, May 15
consorting with the enemy, a movie and randomness
After the Royals lost the season opener to Armstrong 9-7 on Friday night, I found myself at Checkers with Josh and the Shamrocks. Consorting with the enemy. I thought I was safely undercover until the goalie asked me if I was still writing Vernon Royals propaganda. Anyways they all seem pretty cool, however I'm not sure if I like giving a face to the enemy. Apparently Josh and I are invited to the wedding of 'Rocks captain Chad Pounder. I guess that means I shouldn't let Rob yell at him from the press box any more.
On Saturday, Josh and I went to watch the team he helps coach play lacrosse at Hassen, and on Saturday night we went to see Kingdom of Heaven which wasn't a bad movie. LOTS of blood because of the huge amount of fighting in the movie. The leper king wasn't too pretty either. Orlando Bloom was, of course, lovely. The chick in the movie wasn't that hot though, I thought she had a strong resemblance to a skeleton.
It looks like I will be doing a little more than I originally thought for the Royals this year, due to some season opener glitches. One of my first assignments was to rewrite a program article about the Royal Challenge Cup, which I did today. I have to say, I think it sounds pretty cool now haha. The Royals' major sponsor has also asked me to write a piece for his business to use for something. So it should all be pretty cool. Oh--and I might get to be a carnie at Lumby Days, working at one of the concessions. That will be bizarre.
Last week, I ordered a few books from the library, including two Dark Tower books. The last Dark Tower book arrived first, then the three other books I ordered arrived. The second to last Dark Tower book has yet to arrive and I can't read the one I have until I read the one I don't. Talk about annoying.
~Currently playing: Matt Mays-Cocaine Cowgirl; Alannah Myles-Black Velvet; Aerosmith-Sunshine; Streetheart-Snow White~
|
On Saturday, Josh and I went to watch the team he helps coach play lacrosse at Hassen, and on Saturday night we went to see Kingdom of Heaven which wasn't a bad movie. LOTS of blood because of the huge amount of fighting in the movie. The leper king wasn't too pretty either. Orlando Bloom was, of course, lovely. The chick in the movie wasn't that hot though, I thought she had a strong resemblance to a skeleton.
It looks like I will be doing a little more than I originally thought for the Royals this year, due to some season opener glitches. One of my first assignments was to rewrite a program article about the Royal Challenge Cup, which I did today. I have to say, I think it sounds pretty cool now haha. The Royals' major sponsor has also asked me to write a piece for his business to use for something. So it should all be pretty cool. Oh--and I might get to be a carnie at Lumby Days, working at one of the concessions. That will be bizarre.
Last week, I ordered a few books from the library, including two Dark Tower books. The last Dark Tower book arrived first, then the three other books I ordered arrived. The second to last Dark Tower book has yet to arrive and I can't read the one I have until I read the one I don't. Talk about annoying.
~Currently playing: Matt Mays-Cocaine Cowgirl; Alannah Myles-Black Velvet; Aerosmith-Sunshine; Streetheart-Snow White~
