Sunday, January 30
the sock kept going by...
I was up until 4am last night (that's twice in a week...what's going on?) being entertained in a hotel in Clearwater by a few hockey parents who shall remain nameless. Mostly for their own protection, but also because I don't want to explain who they are. They're just parents from my brother's hockey team. The boys played at 7pm, beat Clearwater 8-3. Then we went back to the hotel. Everyone ended up in our room, but only a few diehards were there until 4. One (a hockey dad) was quite blitzed and entertained us with wildly embellished stories all night ("Mr. Black with grey socks!"; "the sock and the fuckin jeep, the fuckin sock and the jeep"). Finally we were able to sleep at 4am, only to be awake by 8 to pack up and be at the rink for today's game. Incidentally, Saturday's game clinched the league championship, so the team didn't have to win today, but why not finish the regular season with a win? So they did, 7-3 this time. And the Stars are on their way to playoffs, with an 18-1-1 record and a league championship banner. I took some pictures today for photography, so I hope at least one of them will work for my feature photo assignment, due Wednesday. Now I need to write my outlaw story, which I am having an issue trying to figure out. I don't know where to begin. Maybe I'll just start writing and see what happens....
In other news, I am currently obsessed with "The Breakup Song" by the Greg Kihn Band...mainly the "uh uh uh uh uh uh uh" part. If you know the song, you'll know what I mean. If not, get the song, so you'll see what I mean.
And then there's this sign...only in Barriere is the tourist booth in the beer store:
~Currently playing: The Troggs-Wild Thing~
|
In other news, I am currently obsessed with "The Breakup Song" by the Greg Kihn Band...mainly the "uh uh uh uh uh uh uh" part. If you know the song, you'll know what I mean. If not, get the song, so you'll see what I mean.
And then there's this sign...only in Barriere is the tourist booth in the beer store:
~Currently playing: The Troggs-Wild Thing~
