Sunday, January 23
ping-pong assassin
**Check out the new link--The Synchronicity of Indeterminacy--an awesome blog of found photos and original stories to match them...one will soon be me!**
Muahahahaha.
SO, let me see here . . . . On Thursday after class, we somehow ended up going to Fox n Hounds...we were there from 6 until...8:30. Then Josh and I left and I bought my new digital camera, yay! So I will now have many more pictures to post. After that we went to the late showing of In Good Company, which has Topher Grace and Dennis Quaid in it. It was a really good show, kind of untypical for a romantic comedy.
On Friday, we went to rock trivia. Scott, the rock trivia guru, was a no-show, however our team still managed to come in second, and I got to play with my camera during it. After that, we rented The Village and Club Dread. The Village was really cool. I quite enjoyed it. Kinda creepy at first. I would recommend that one to anyone. We haven't watched Club Dread yet because it's a seven-day rental.
On to Saturday. I dragged myself out of bed at noon and had a shower. Called up Lisa and asked her if she wanted to go shopping, which she did. Josh had to work, so I just went up to the mall with him and Lisa and I shopped for four hours. Specifically, we were looking for purple tops (both of us), black pants (me), shoes of any kind (me) and cheap stuff (both of us). We found no purple tops, I didn't like any of the black pants I tried on, and the shoes were not cool enough for me. Lisa found a couple of cool sale items for herself, including LaSenza underwear, which I also acquired. I also got a couple of magazines and the fifth book of the Dark Tower series in paperback. Then we left the mall, made a couple of plans.
Josh and I went on to have Chinese food for dinner. He decided not to go over to Norm's, but I had already decided to go out with Lisa. She picked me up and we went up to her brother's apartment building, which has this cool rec room with a ping-pong table, foozball table and pool table. We played a couple of games of pool and some other people arrived to play games also. We didn't know any of them. We let them have the pool table when we were done then the three of us took up ping-pong.
Being a tennis player, it likely wasn't the best idea to put a ping-pong paddle in my hand. It was like a lethal weapon...I kept hitting the ball across the room and missing returns and managing to hit myself. Finally, I made this shot that almost took off this guy's head on the other side of the room. It almost hit his friend too. So I decided to watch from the sidelines as Lisa and Cam finished playing. My ping-pong skills are, well, unsafe for the general public. From there, Lisa and I went to Kelly O'Bryan's, to bug Ross, and obtain 2 for 1 appies and dessert. Lisa had escargot and pachos, I had mud pie. She had two beers, I had two raspberry ciders. Fun was had. Marybeth called and met us there when Kelly O's closed at 12. We headed over to this new bar called Players, which is partially owned by NHLer Jason Strudwick. I had a drink there called Two for Holding which was really good. We stayed there until it closed at 1:30 then went home.
Today, Josh and I got up at 8:30 and drove to Vernon for his hockey game. They won, which was cool. I am convinced that my stunning goaltending skills rubbed off on his equipment. We then went grocery shopping with his mom. At the mall (where the grocery store was) I discovered...a purple shirt at Bryan's!! Can you believe I spent four hours on Saturday looking for a purple shirt and found one in about five seconds today inVERNON!? Yeah. So I got it. And wore it to Scott's birthday this evening. Still wearing it. I love it. Happiest Birthday to Scott, it was a fun little soiree. And that's all for now.
~Currently playing: Barney Bentall-Come Back To Me~
|
Muahahahaha.
SO, let me see here . . . . On Thursday after class, we somehow ended up going to Fox n Hounds...we were there from 6 until...8:30. Then Josh and I left and I bought my new digital camera, yay! So I will now have many more pictures to post. After that we went to the late showing of In Good Company, which has Topher Grace and Dennis Quaid in it. It was a really good show, kind of untypical for a romantic comedy.
On Friday, we went to rock trivia. Scott, the rock trivia guru, was a no-show, however our team still managed to come in second, and I got to play with my camera during it. After that, we rented The Village and Club Dread. The Village was really cool. I quite enjoyed it. Kinda creepy at first. I would recommend that one to anyone. We haven't watched Club Dread yet because it's a seven-day rental.
On to Saturday. I dragged myself out of bed at noon and had a shower. Called up Lisa and asked her if she wanted to go shopping, which she did. Josh had to work, so I just went up to the mall with him and Lisa and I shopped for four hours. Specifically, we were looking for purple tops (both of us), black pants (me), shoes of any kind (me) and cheap stuff (both of us). We found no purple tops, I didn't like any of the black pants I tried on, and the shoes were not cool enough for me. Lisa found a couple of cool sale items for herself, including LaSenza underwear, which I also acquired. I also got a couple of magazines and the fifth book of the Dark Tower series in paperback. Then we left the mall, made a couple of plans.
Josh and I went on to have Chinese food for dinner. He decided not to go over to Norm's, but I had already decided to go out with Lisa. She picked me up and we went up to her brother's apartment building, which has this cool rec room with a ping-pong table, foozball table and pool table. We played a couple of games of pool and some other people arrived to play games also. We didn't know any of them. We let them have the pool table when we were done then the three of us took up ping-pong.
Being a tennis player, it likely wasn't the best idea to put a ping-pong paddle in my hand. It was like a lethal weapon...I kept hitting the ball across the room and missing returns and managing to hit myself. Finally, I made this shot that almost took off this guy's head on the other side of the room. It almost hit his friend too. So I decided to watch from the sidelines as Lisa and Cam finished playing. My ping-pong skills are, well, unsafe for the general public. From there, Lisa and I went to Kelly O'Bryan's, to bug Ross, and obtain 2 for 1 appies and dessert. Lisa had escargot and pachos, I had mud pie. She had two beers, I had two raspberry ciders. Fun was had. Marybeth called and met us there when Kelly O's closed at 12. We headed over to this new bar called Players, which is partially owned by NHLer Jason Strudwick. I had a drink there called Two for Holding which was really good. We stayed there until it closed at 1:30 then went home.
Today, Josh and I got up at 8:30 and drove to Vernon for his hockey game. They won, which was cool. I am convinced that my stunning goaltending skills rubbed off on his equipment. We then went grocery shopping with his mom. At the mall (where the grocery store was) I discovered...a purple shirt at Bryan's!! Can you believe I spent four hours on Saturday looking for a purple shirt and found one in about five seconds today inVERNON!? Yeah. So I got it. And wore it to Scott's birthday this evening. Still wearing it. I love it. Happiest Birthday to Scott, it was a fun little soiree. And that's all for now.
~Currently playing: Barney Bentall-Come Back To Me~
