Sunday, January 16
hockey on the pond
Moneyshot-Blades of Steel
Those cold December mornings, I'd come running from my home
Headed on down to ol' Fedder's Pond, I knew I wouldn't be alone
Eight kids from the neighbourhood, all dressed and ready to go,
Drop the puck upon the ice, there'll be a mighty show
We're singing, NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
I wanna be a hockey star
We'd play until the sun went down or until we started to fight
All of us neighbourhood kids arguing who was right
But always the next morning we'd be shootin' the old puck around
Talking 'bout our heroes and leaving this little town
I wanna be a hockey star
I wanna lead the way like Rocket Richard
I'm gonna have my own Upper Deck hockey card
Showing blades of steel on me
I was playing midget AAA in this shitty town
I was having fun out on the ice, I was beating everybody down
The junior scout was watching and he offered me a shot
Headed on down to Kamloops saying "Buddy, thanks a lot"
We're singing, NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
I wanna be a hockey star
I was playing nearly every game and workin' 'em on the boards,
The other teams all hated me but all the fans would roar
They said "better than Wayne Gretzky and better than Brett Hull"
Hell, even better than Mario I'll be better than them all
I'm gonna be a hockey star
I'm gonna lead the way like Rocket Richard
I'm gonna have my own Upper Deck hockey card
Showing blades of steel on me
It's -20 outside, me and my buddies are back on the pond
I broke my leg in Red Deer now my whole career fell down
But I can still do up the laces, these old blades still get me by
(So I drank a case of Piper then I'll get real high)
Playing great Canadian hockey under a great Canadian sky
I coulda been a hockey star
I coulda led the way like Rocket Richard
I coulda had my own Upper Deck hockey card
Showing blades of steel on me
Well yesterday I went out with the guys to Pinantan Lake where Trevor lives and we played hockey there until it got dark. I played net using Josh's equipment. It was awesome. There was six guys and me, so they played three on three, taking the ball out past the line to get possession. I faced a lot of shots. The big game, which lasted about two hours, ended up being around 5-2. It was getting pretty dark by then, so they played a quick playoff round--first team to three wins. And that went pretty fast because by then I couldn't see the ball unless it was three feet in front of me, which was way too late to make a good save. Then we had a couple of group pictures. I actually played not bad, which was cool because I hadn't played for so long and had never used the equipment like that before.
Then we went inside and had hamburgers and chili thanks to Trevor and Colleen. We never realized how cold and hungry we were until we were inside their house. We hung out there for awhile then went home. I was bored and tired when I got here, so didn't even think about going out anywhere and watched Grease for the remainder of the evening. I would SO do that all again. And it was around -20 outside.
~Currently playing: 3 Doors Down-Here Without You; Greenwheel-Breathe; ATC-All Around the World; Moneyshot-Blades of Steel~
|
Those cold December mornings, I'd come running from my home
Headed on down to ol' Fedder's Pond, I knew I wouldn't be alone
Eight kids from the neighbourhood, all dressed and ready to go,
Drop the puck upon the ice, there'll be a mighty show
We're singing, NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
I wanna be a hockey star
We'd play until the sun went down or until we started to fight
All of us neighbourhood kids arguing who was right
But always the next morning we'd be shootin' the old puck around
Talking 'bout our heroes and leaving this little town
I wanna be a hockey star
I wanna lead the way like Rocket Richard
I'm gonna have my own Upper Deck hockey card
Showing blades of steel on me
I was playing midget AAA in this shitty town
I was having fun out on the ice, I was beating everybody down
The junior scout was watching and he offered me a shot
Headed on down to Kamloops saying "Buddy, thanks a lot"
We're singing, NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
I wanna be a hockey star
I was playing nearly every game and workin' 'em on the boards,
The other teams all hated me but all the fans would roar
They said "better than Wayne Gretzky and better than Brett Hull"
Hell, even better than Mario I'll be better than them all
I'm gonna be a hockey star
I'm gonna lead the way like Rocket Richard
I'm gonna have my own Upper Deck hockey card
Showing blades of steel on me
It's -20 outside, me and my buddies are back on the pond
I broke my leg in Red Deer now my whole career fell down
But I can still do up the laces, these old blades still get me by
(So I drank a case of Piper then I'll get real high)
Playing great Canadian hockey under a great Canadian sky
I coulda been a hockey star
I coulda led the way like Rocket Richard
I coulda had my own Upper Deck hockey card
Showing blades of steel on me
Well yesterday I went out with the guys to Pinantan Lake where Trevor lives and we played hockey there until it got dark. I played net using Josh's equipment. It was awesome. There was six guys and me, so they played three on three, taking the ball out past the line to get possession. I faced a lot of shots. The big game, which lasted about two hours, ended up being around 5-2. It was getting pretty dark by then, so they played a quick playoff round--first team to three wins. And that went pretty fast because by then I couldn't see the ball unless it was three feet in front of me, which was way too late to make a good save. Then we had a couple of group pictures. I actually played not bad, which was cool because I hadn't played for so long and had never used the equipment like that before.
Then we went inside and had hamburgers and chili thanks to Trevor and Colleen. We never realized how cold and hungry we were until we were inside their house. We hung out there for awhile then went home. I was bored and tired when I got here, so didn't even think about going out anywhere and watched Grease for the remainder of the evening. I would SO do that all again. And it was around -20 outside.
~Currently playing: 3 Doors Down-Here Without You; Greenwheel-Breathe; ATC-All Around the World; Moneyshot-Blades of Steel~
