Monday, October 4
**Let's Go Leos**
Bus ride and tickets to the BC Lions game..... $20
Jumbo hotdog and a beer at BC Place Stadium......$11.50
Souvenir Lions flag.......$10
Bus trip there and back...... priceless
Some drunk blond guy: Can someone open my sandwich for me, I've been trying to do it for twenty minutes. [[Two minutes after he received said sandwich]]
Well I just wrote this big thing about the Lions game and stuff and it's GONE. Like, disappeared. I clicked the "save as draft" button and almost the whole thing disappeared. BLOODY HELL. I'll try this again, but I know it won't be as good.
SO, on Saturday, Mike, Josh and I went down to the BC Lions game in Vancouver on the UCC fan bus. It was a pretty entertaining ride, with games of charades and chants ("let's go leos", "Willie! Willie!", "Fraser River") going on at various times. Most people were drinking on the way down, and the drunker they got, the crazier the chants became. Hence "Fraser River", and my personal favourite "there's a hummer" as we were passed by one on the Port Mann bridge. Finally, at about 6:15, we arrived at BC Place Stadium. Josh went to meet his cousin who was coming to the game with us and Mike and I went in and found our seats. We sat down about fifteen minutes before gametime and a guy told us that a couple of guys from our group had already gotten kicked out. Apparently, they managed to smuggle in alcohol (probably down their pants) and were caught by security pouring it into their drinks. Fun times. So the game was cool, the Lions clinched first place. We left the parking lot at BC Place Stadium at about 10:36pm and rolled into the UCC parking lot exactly four hours later. The ride included being stuck in traffic and a fifteen minute stop at the only gas station still open in Hope for provisions. So we finally got back to our place at about 3am. I was up again at 7:30am Sunday morning to get ready to go to Lillooet for my brother's hockey game. They picked me up at 8:30 and away we went. My brother's team ended up winning the game 10-9 after being down 8-3 at one point, which was pretty cool. I got into a cheering war with some Lillooet people who were pissing me off. At one point I ended up telling this one really annoying woman to shut her mouth because she had no idea what she was talking about. It was pretty effective. So I got home again at about 6pm, at which point I spent awhile trying to start the article review for my political science presentation. Writing that wasn't working so well. So just after ten, I went to the fridge and chugged a beer, which got me going better. I ended up finishing the thing around midnight and now it's all done, which is awesome. So I just have my online article, research paper and draft editorial for this week. On Thursday night I probably won't go to Sociology, since I'm probably going home, either with my mom or by Greyhound. That way I can have an extra day at home for Thanksgiving weekend. So that's about it.
|
Jumbo hotdog and a beer at BC Place Stadium......$11.50
Souvenir Lions flag.......$10
Bus trip there and back...... priceless
Some drunk blond guy: Can someone open my sandwich for me, I've been trying to do it for twenty minutes. [[Two minutes after he received said sandwich]]
Well I just wrote this big thing about the Lions game and stuff and it's GONE. Like, disappeared. I clicked the "save as draft" button and almost the whole thing disappeared. BLOODY HELL. I'll try this again, but I know it won't be as good.
SO, on Saturday, Mike, Josh and I went down to the BC Lions game in Vancouver on the UCC fan bus. It was a pretty entertaining ride, with games of charades and chants ("let's go leos", "Willie! Willie!", "Fraser River") going on at various times. Most people were drinking on the way down, and the drunker they got, the crazier the chants became. Hence "Fraser River", and my personal favourite "there's a hummer" as we were passed by one on the Port Mann bridge. Finally, at about 6:15, we arrived at BC Place Stadium. Josh went to meet his cousin who was coming to the game with us and Mike and I went in and found our seats. We sat down about fifteen minutes before gametime and a guy told us that a couple of guys from our group had already gotten kicked out. Apparently, they managed to smuggle in alcohol (probably down their pants) and were caught by security pouring it into their drinks. Fun times. So the game was cool, the Lions clinched first place. We left the parking lot at BC Place Stadium at about 10:36pm and rolled into the UCC parking lot exactly four hours later. The ride included being stuck in traffic and a fifteen minute stop at the only gas station still open in Hope for provisions. So we finally got back to our place at about 3am. I was up again at 7:30am Sunday morning to get ready to go to Lillooet for my brother's hockey game. They picked me up at 8:30 and away we went. My brother's team ended up winning the game 10-9 after being down 8-3 at one point, which was pretty cool. I got into a cheering war with some Lillooet people who were pissing me off. At one point I ended up telling this one really annoying woman to shut her mouth because she had no idea what she was talking about. It was pretty effective. So I got home again at about 6pm, at which point I spent awhile trying to start the article review for my political science presentation. Writing that wasn't working so well. So just after ten, I went to the fridge and chugged a beer, which got me going better. I ended up finishing the thing around midnight and now it's all done, which is awesome. So I just have my online article, research paper and draft editorial for this week. On Thursday night I probably won't go to Sociology, since I'm probably going home, either with my mom or by Greyhound. That way I can have an extra day at home for Thanksgiving weekend. So that's about it.
