Saturday, August 28
a day.
Bob, describing where he goes hunting/partying: Go to bum-fuck Nowhere and take a left . . .
Well, for anyone who may or may not know, my grandma died a couple of weeks ago. Which sucks and is really weird to think about. Today there was a memorial tea thingy in Enderby for her, where family and friends came to talk about her and just to talk. I saw some people I have not seen for a loooong loooooong time, including my grandma's good friend Shirley and part of her family--her older son Bill, younger son Rob, and grandson Bob. I spent quite a bit of time talking to them all. After the tea, they were taking Bob over to OUC in Kelowna (KLO campus) because he is starting school there. They were going to hit up the OK Corral tonight and have told me Cactus Jack's is a wicked fun bar to go to in Kamloops. Bob and Rob and my cousin Tanya and I all decided that we would keep in touch via email. Last time I remember seeing Bob and Rob was at their (Shirley's family's) ranch in Williams Lake a very long time ago. It was the first time I rode a horse or was really on a farm. I remember hanging out with them (we were very, very young) in the basement and playing Atari...talk about old-school. Tanya and her mom (my Aunt Joyce) and I walked around Enderby for awhile after and went in a bunch of stores and stuff. Tanya tried to talk Auntie Joyce into getting a kitten to bring back to Langley. She very nearly succeeded, haha. We were in that pet store for a solid half hour. All in all, it was really nice to talk to and see all of those people and also to remember my grandma with them, because they were all important people in her life.
~Currently playing: The Rolling Stones-Sympathy For the Devil ~
|
Well, for anyone who may or may not know, my grandma died a couple of weeks ago. Which sucks and is really weird to think about. Today there was a memorial tea thingy in Enderby for her, where family and friends came to talk about her and just to talk. I saw some people I have not seen for a loooong loooooong time, including my grandma's good friend Shirley and part of her family--her older son Bill, younger son Rob, and grandson Bob. I spent quite a bit of time talking to them all. After the tea, they were taking Bob over to OUC in Kelowna (KLO campus) because he is starting school there. They were going to hit up the OK Corral tonight and have told me Cactus Jack's is a wicked fun bar to go to in Kamloops. Bob and Rob and my cousin Tanya and I all decided that we would keep in touch via email. Last time I remember seeing Bob and Rob was at their (Shirley's family's) ranch in Williams Lake a very long time ago. It was the first time I rode a horse or was really on a farm. I remember hanging out with them (we were very, very young) in the basement and playing Atari...talk about old-school. Tanya and her mom (my Aunt Joyce) and I walked around Enderby for awhile after and went in a bunch of stores and stuff. Tanya tried to talk Auntie Joyce into getting a kitten to bring back to Langley. She very nearly succeeded, haha. We were in that pet store for a solid half hour. All in all, it was really nice to talk to and see all of those people and also to remember my grandma with them, because they were all important people in her life.
~Currently playing: The Rolling Stones-Sympathy For the Devil ~
