Sunday, June 20
**dude....sweet....**
"It was like....{{insert grand hand motion here}}....a rainbow." ~my dad, obviously smashed, describing an ELO show he saw back in the day.
This was funny because a)rarely do you see my dad that smashed and b)even more rarely do you see him make such a hippie-like motion and statement. I've laughed over it for the past week. Honestly. Ask Josh.
So....uhh...yeah. The Royals lost the Royal Challenge Cup on Friday night 9-7 to the Shamrocks. Josh is gloating. Haha. So it looks like we don't get a bye to the finals and we have to play the Rutland Raiders(who haven't won a game for like 2 years). Not only that, but our final regular season game against Rutland is going to be in freakin' Salmon Arm because of the freakin' Multiplex. It's a long, complicated story, but just imagine a hockey reality show, the city of Vernon and the Multiplex, and the local lacrosse teams (ie. the Royals and the jr. B Tigers) getting caught in the middle of it. Grr.
In other news, it has been really hot for the past few days. Like, hiding-out-in-the-basement hot. Wishing-I-was-at-my-cabin hot. Soon, it shall be so (we're supposed to go out next weekend....hopefully the weather holds!). I think I'm going to burn a CD tonight (speaking of hot things) because I haven't for a looong time. And yeah...not much else new has really happened...so I'll leave it there for the moment.
There's a mansion on the hill.....
Psychedelic music fills the air.....
Peace and love live there still.....
~Currently playing: Neil Young-Mansion on the Hill~
|
This was funny because a)rarely do you see my dad that smashed and b)even more rarely do you see him make such a hippie-like motion and statement. I've laughed over it for the past week. Honestly. Ask Josh.
So....uhh...yeah. The Royals lost the Royal Challenge Cup on Friday night 9-7 to the Shamrocks. Josh is gloating. Haha. So it looks like we don't get a bye to the finals and we have to play the Rutland Raiders(who haven't won a game for like 2 years). Not only that, but our final regular season game against Rutland is going to be in freakin' Salmon Arm because of the freakin' Multiplex. It's a long, complicated story, but just imagine a hockey reality show, the city of Vernon and the Multiplex, and the local lacrosse teams (ie. the Royals and the jr. B Tigers) getting caught in the middle of it. Grr.
In other news, it has been really hot for the past few days. Like, hiding-out-in-the-basement hot. Wishing-I-was-at-my-cabin hot. Soon, it shall be so (we're supposed to go out next weekend....hopefully the weather holds!). I think I'm going to burn a CD tonight (speaking of hot things) because I haven't for a looong time. And yeah...not much else new has really happened...so I'll leave it there for the moment.
There's a mansion on the hill.....
Psychedelic music fills the air.....
Peace and love live there still.....
~Currently playing: Neil Young-Mansion on the Hill~
