Thursday, May 20
**wow**
If ever there was anything that just sheer rocked, it's Aerosmith's new album "Honkin' On Bobo". Just wow. They've gone back to their roots and taken them over. Blues done Aerosmith style. Yowzaa. And now we remember why I **love** Aerosmith. And I was this close to driving out to Calgary today so I could go to the show that was tonight. They were at the San Jose vs Calgary game last night. The boys from Boston were about the only five people in the Saddledome not wearing red or white. Yes, they were wearing the traditional rock star black. But who's complaining? At least they like hockey.
In other news, I'm kinda nervous about tomorrow. It's the big home opener. We've got this country music guy named Lee Dinwoodie doing the national anthem, a pre-game barbecue, live play-by-play on the radio, a referee demo in the first intermission, mini Tykes lacrosse in the second and tons of prize giveaways and stuff. Should be good if all goes according to plan. Whoo. That's the only problem--that key little phrase--'if all goes according to plan'. Because nothing ever goes according to plan. Oy. And Josh is playing for the Shamrocks tomorrow night. Arch-rivals. Hehe. OH and magnificent of magnificence, not one, but TWO of our coaches are suspended. I went to pracky tonight, haha, to get some player bios for the radio broadcast. Apparently the players weren't being overly cooperative with anyone else who tried to do it. I got along famously with them, as always. Haha. Those guys are hilarious. I cannot wait for Saturday. Then it will all be over. But things should go pretty good, especially once the second period of the game starts. The hard part is pre-game and first intermission. Anyways. That's all. I'll be back with a game report on Saturday maybe, then I can shut up about lacrosse for awhile.
|
In other news, I'm kinda nervous about tomorrow. It's the big home opener. We've got this country music guy named Lee Dinwoodie doing the national anthem, a pre-game barbecue, live play-by-play on the radio, a referee demo in the first intermission, mini Tykes lacrosse in the second and tons of prize giveaways and stuff. Should be good if all goes according to plan. Whoo. That's the only problem--that key little phrase--'if all goes according to plan'. Because nothing ever goes according to plan. Oy. And Josh is playing for the Shamrocks tomorrow night. Arch-rivals. Hehe. OH and magnificent of magnificence, not one, but TWO of our coaches are suspended. I went to pracky tonight, haha, to get some player bios for the radio broadcast. Apparently the players weren't being overly cooperative with anyone else who tried to do it. I got along famously with them, as always. Haha. Those guys are hilarious. I cannot wait for Saturday. Then it will all be over. But things should go pretty good, especially once the second period of the game starts. The hard part is pre-game and first intermission. Anyways. That's all. I'll be back with a game report on Saturday maybe, then I can shut up about lacrosse for awhile.
