Monday, May 24
**another one for the win column**
Well, as you may have guessed from the little marquee thing, the Royals beat the Shamrocks in the home opener on Friday night. 13-7, for a 3-1 record so far this season. I must admit, I was a little worried when the Royals had such a shaky start to the season in that first game against Armstrong, and when they finished the first period of the home opener behind 4-2, well, I was again a little worried. Then they absolutely exploded in the second, scoring 7 goals, and ended that period leading 9-5. And they stayed ahead for the third, in spite of a five-minute Royals back-checking penalty WITH a penalty shot for the Shamrocks (it's supposed to be one or the other, not both in the same call). Cope had an amazing game--4+6 to get first star, Biss (aka YOGI!) faced 65 shots and got 4 assists in the Royals net, earning second star honours. Third star we gave to Martel of the Shamrocks, who had 2+2.
My referee demonstration apparently went well (I missed it because I was running around doing stuff) and people actually appreciated learning the rules of the game. The mini-Tykes were cute as usual. The national anthem was awesome (sung by Lee Dinwoodie, he's an actual country music artist and flew up from Nashville to do it). Pretty much everything went off without a hitch. Which I was quite happy about.
In other news, I saw Shrek 2 last night. It was **almost** as good as the first one. Puss in Boots was the best. Hehe. Jen, you'd love that cat. And hey, is there anyone else who is absolutely dying to see the Garfield movie with Bill Murray as Garfield?
~Currently playing: Peter Gabriel-Shock the Monkey~
|
My referee demonstration apparently went well (I missed it because I was running around doing stuff) and people actually appreciated learning the rules of the game. The mini-Tykes were cute as usual. The national anthem was awesome (sung by Lee Dinwoodie, he's an actual country music artist and flew up from Nashville to do it). Pretty much everything went off without a hitch. Which I was quite happy about.
In other news, I saw Shrek 2 last night. It was **almost** as good as the first one. Puss in Boots was the best. Hehe. Jen, you'd love that cat. And hey, is there anyone else who is absolutely dying to see the Garfield movie with Bill Murray as Garfield?
~Currently playing: Peter Gabriel-Shock the Monkey~
